Bells are ringing, elves are singing, and Santa’s in his final weeks of prep for the big day! We compiled 10 ways for your cinema to activate around Christmas to spread holiday cheer and get moviegoers into your cinema!
1. Create a Winter Wonderland: Decorate your cinema with trees, wreaths, bells, and even mistletoe 👀! Create a photo opportunity that moviegoers won’t want to miss. Create a corresponding hashtag to match your display (ex. #FestiveFilm or #HolidaysAt[YOUR CINEMA NAME]).
2. Gift Card Promotions: Promote your gift cards for holiday gifts. Run special promotions for gift cards, so moviegoers will grab them as gifts for a family night out, the cinephiles in their lives, or to redeem for summer blockbusters!
3. Custom Holiday Merch: Create specials for your holiday cinema merchandise! Promote your hoodies, beanies, gloves, and ornaments with your cinema logo. Loyal customers and holiday moviegoers will want to take advantage of deals for these gifts.
4. Festive F+B Offerings: Create a special holiday menu with specials on cocktails, Christmas ale, and merry menu items (ex. hot chocolate, cranberry apple sangria, gingerbread martini, holiday ham sliders, candy cane lane cake, etc.). Your festive menu will entice moviegoers to grab food and beverages before & after the movie at your associated bar or restaurant!
5. Christmas Movie Marathon: Create your own Christmas movie series! Show the classics like White Christmas, Elf, A Christmas Story, Love Actually, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, and more! Create a Christmas themed loyalty punchcard for the series. Moviegoers that see every festive title throughout the month can earn a free ticket!
6. Santa Mailbox: Design a mailbox for kiddos to write letters to Santa with their wishlists! Create a letter writing station with festive patterned paper, markers, and envelopes for kids to decorate. Families will come into your cinema to participate and Santa will know what presents to bring this year!
7. Partner with local businesses & organizations: Put up Christmas trees in your lobby and reach out to different businesses & organizations to decorate them for you! Encourage the businesses to include QR codes, business cards, and custom ornaments on their trees. Raffle the trees off a few days before Christmas or charge businesses a small fee to decorate a tree. This reciprocal relationship creates an opportunity for the local businesses and a festive lobby for your business!
8. Give Back to Your Community: Organize a drive that benefits a local organization. Collect coats & other winter apparel, toys, or donations for organizations that will support local families that need a little extra help this year! Create a promotion for moviegoers that bring in a donation item that gives them $ off of movie tickets or concession items.
9. Gift Giveaways: Create a festive gift pack for a social media giveaway! Include movie tickets, concession items, your custom cinema merchandise, your cinema hot cocoa packets, marshmallows, etc. Be sure to include the entry requirements on your post (ex. 1. Entrants must be following your cinema IG account. 2. Like this post! 4. Tag your hot cocoa buddy. 4. Share to your story for an extra entry!). With participants sharing to their IG stories, your audience & post impressions will increase due to the greater reach!
Santa, The Man Himself!: Host Santa & his elves in your cinema with photo ops for families! Hire a photographer and charge a fee for photos with Santa. While families are waiting, promote your gift cards, holiday merchandise, and holiday titles!
Get started on your Christmas activations and event planning now, so you have plenty of time for promotions and marketing. Post events on all of your socials, encourage followers to share these events, and reach out to local publications to increase your impressions and encourage followers to share these events to obtain high attendance.
We hope you enjoy this holiday season and that all of you are on the nice list!
Interested in our full monthly activations calendar and OC’s marketing services? Find more information here.
Want to receive more content like this?
Sign up for our emails to receive ideas straight to your inbox.
Questions? Want to get in touch with us? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.