How To Optimize Your Theatre Marketing During The 2023 Winter Movie Lull
The winter months can be a slow time for movie theatres. That’s why now is the perfect time to maximize your marketing efforts and drive customers to your theatre! In this post, we’ll provide you with some tips to make the most of the winter movie lull from ways to activate on social to optimizing your SEO.
1. Create buzz: Get the word out about upcoming blockbusters by creating a sense of excitement and anticipation. Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to tease upcoming films and generate buzz before they hit the screen. For example, you could create a countdown to the release of a highly-anticipated film, like Fast X, on social. Try short form videos to share why your employees are excited about this film! Your followers will get a glimpse behind the scenes at your theatre, and your employees may even share your post with their followers, thus gaining you more exposure.
2. Utilize influencer marketing: Partner with popular social media influencers in your area to promote your theatre and any upcoming films. Influencers can help you to reach new audiences and entice people to come to your theatre. For example, you could work with a local gaming influencer that’s excited about The Super Mario Bros Movie and create a campaign on Instagram that showcases their experience at your theatre and encourages their followers to come visit.
3. Get creative with your promotions: Offer deals and promotions like dollar off concessions for early bird ticket purchases or try activating around national holidays to offer your customers special deals. For instance, March 17th is St. Patrick’s Day, you can offer a discount on tickets for those who come to your theatre wearing green.
4. Leverage movie-themed events: Host movie-themed events such as trivia nights, costume contests, and special screenings and post about them on social. Example: host a trivia night for a popular film series like Scream or try hosting a costume contest for the upcoming films Barbie or The Little Mermaid.
5. Optimize your SEO: Use market research to understand who your audience is and which types of films are most likely to attract them. Compile a list of keywords that audiences are likely searching for. From there, you can use these keywords in your website and social media content. Update regularly to ensure your content is as relevant as possible!
Creating buzz on social media and getting creative with your promotions will drive audiences to your theatre and boost ticket sales, even during the winter lull! If you’re looking for more information on optimizing your theatre marketing, check out our ICA Live presentation or view our capabilities. Turn the winter movie lull into a marketing advantage by using our tips to keep your theater buzzing and movie-goers entertained!